all images and stories are the property of Catherine Beerda-Basso and are not to be used without given permission...thank you

Monday 20 May 2013

Mondays Offering...Miracles and Gifts




I have realized that some of the stories
I have shared from my pilgimage to Colombia
have not been the easiest to read
I do not share them to bring dismay
or a heavy heart,
as much as to give a voice
to those who don't have one.


I feel it is time to bring these stories
to a close.
I am missing the use of this space being used
for "daily bread"
not only for you my lovelies
but also for my own heart and soul.

I continue to work on my book
which will hold the treasures of my pilgrimage
to Colombia, and my hope is
 that if you are interested in reading further
that you purchase one of these
when it comes to completion.
 *
Steven and friend
This past week I received some news about him.
News that pierced my heart, but yet
I was not surprised by.
A few weeks back Steven got into a serious altracation
with him mom's boyfriend.
The boyfriend was beating on Gladys, Steven's mother,
and Steven intervened
This turned the boyfriends abuse from Steven's mom
to Steven
and he was severely beaten.
Steven then went out
got a gun
and had it in his mind to kill the boyfriend.
 This story found it's way to our center
where Karin and Vivianna convinced Steven to give up the gun and the plan of murder.
What did come to be was Steven did make himself heard
as he took a group of friends and beat up the boyfriend
who then left the home and 
so far
has not been heard from.

15 years old
just a boy 
and yet
 making these kinds of life choices.

Hope is not lost
That he had a "place of reason" at the center
That he had women who cared and whom he trusted
That he had somewhere to go to take his greif
this is the Hope
this is the Miracle
Without the center there.....
the worst would most likely have happened
and his life
his precious young life
would have been changed forever.

our warrioress and her niece

The gift of the center continues to unfold
as one of our girls 
11 years old
came running down from the mountain top
for sactuary
Someone who had been brought into her home
had tried to be sexually inappropriate with her.
She knew where to go
and she did!
Bless her little warrioress heart!
Miracles
Where would she have gone?
Who would have told her, her rights?
"No one has a right to touch you or behave towards you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable.
Your body is yours and your alone."

It is as simple as that
knowing God given rights...
these children
and all children who live
in the bowels of poverty
do not
know their rights.
I feel it is up to us
to tell them.
*
(Danielle and me)

When we go down to Medellin
we always attend the church in which this all began.
Church was something I was brought up in
but do not traditionally partake of any longer.
 But after a week of going deep
into the lives and stories of those on the hill
I was happy to gather in this Holy Place.
It was what my stretched and aching spirit needed.
I drenched myself in the music, the singing, the powerful words being shared...
and felt the ever abiding Divine Love that holds us all.
We each spoke
and as always there was a time
for those who gathered, to come and lay hands
on us, blessing us, praying prayers for us, loving on us.
At this time a young girl who had spoke earlier joined us.
her name was Daniella
She was part of an outreach youth group 
and was going into another city to do some innercity work
When she has spoke she has asked for finacial support to make this trip happen.
She has commited to go, but had not yet raised the funds
she was in full trust that it would come together....
she was leaving the next day.
Before we went to church that day I brought some of
the money you had so graciously given.
I was hoping to find a place to put it.
When she spoke
I knew I would give her a donation....
but was not sure how much to give

When we were called up to be prayed for
we all stood in a semi circle
arms around each other
Daniella came up and stood beside me
and with head bowed I said to God
how much?
how much do I give?
A number came clearly
$300
As we sat down I went over to her
and past her the money, which was bundled up
I let her know about all of you
and how this money had come to be.
She was very grateful
We hugged
and that was that....
or so I thought
I sat back down as the service went on
(church services in Colombia go on for hours!!)
After a period of time I felt compelled
to look back at her
and to my surprise she was sobbing
I went over to her and put my arms around her
which only seemed to make her cry all the more.
You see
the amount I/We gave her
was the EXACT amount that she needed....
*

Another thing I was able to do 
with your amazing help
was to put together gift bags for the women
who work day in and day out
at our center

These bags are filled with love and light
appealing to the feminine in each of us.


I was even able to put some money
in each of their new leather wallets purses
because of you
I was able to spoil those ladies!

There is such a joy to giving
such a gift in that gesture
Thank you for assisting me
in making that happen
Truly
I could not have done it with out you.


So I think this concludes my stories from the hill
well...
at least in this space
Thank you for being an important part of this journey
you touched many lives
especially mine
my lovlies
especially mine


Love and Light

16 comments:

  1. Replies

    1. as are you my friend

      love and light

      Delete
  2. I echo Kmarie's thoughts. Amazing woman, you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm off on holiday today, but not before I read your touching stories!

    Well done for all of your efforts soul sister! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have a wonderful holiday Sue
      bask in the peace of respite

      and
      thank you
      you were there with me soulsister

      love and light

      Delete
  4. such emotions
    such experiences
    love and light

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. memories that last forever

      love and light
      from one Cat to another

      Delete
  5. goodness, so difficult to read through tears! tears of both anguish and joy. so thankful for all of you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it truly is the balance of anguish and joy my friend....truly
      I sink into the joy and learn from the anguish

      love and light

      Delete
  6. i am humbled because of your experiences and your stories and others' lives....

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  7. For now, the stories may end, but we will not forget.
    Keep us posted in that special way you do.
    I have a feeling, this summer is going to treat you kindly,
    full of owl sightings and deer ears and heart warming experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like your prediction for my summer friend
      truly I do
      we actually saw three young bucks this weekend...so your vision is already coming to be : )

      love and light

      Delete
  8. What a tremendous blessing this must be for you, and what a blessing you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is beyond a blessings....it is a way of life♥\


      love and light

      Delete

Your voice is welcome here, your connection appreciated. Love and Light