all images and stories are the property of Catherine Beerda-Basso and are not to be used without given permission...thank you

Sunday 7 October 2012

Monday Offering....On Waiting....




And I came home
Like a stone
And I fell heavy into your arms
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new sun

And I'll kneel down
Wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

And I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you

So break my step
And relent
You forgave and I won't forget
Know what we've seen
And him with less
Now in some way
Shake the excess

But I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you

So I'll be bold
As well as strong
And use my head alongside my heart
So take my flesh
And fix my eyes
That tethered mind free from the lies

But I'll kneel down
Wait for now
I'll kneel down
Know my ground

Raise my hands
Paint my spirit gold
And bow my head
Keep my heart slow

Cause I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you

~Mumford and Sons
*

God is offering an invitation. A call to waiting. A call to the mysteries of the cocoon. I discovered that in the spiritual life, the long way round is the saving way. it isn't the quick and easy religion we're accustomed to. It's deep and difficult-a way that leads into the vortex of the soul where we touch God's transformative powers. But we have to be patient. We have to let go and tap our creative stillness. Most of all, we have to trust that our scatted hearts really do have wings."
~Sue Monk Kidd from her book "When the Hearts Waits"
*

...we all must follow our beacon, even if it does not make sense in the physical world...
and lets be honest....
most time it does not : )
there seems to be this kind of shift happening in many of the blogs I follow, including my own
as we have been living in such intention and pouring into there comes a time to sit in that knowledge we have acquired and marinate within it...

let it soak in to our skin.... 
become one with our blood and become the marrow of our bones...
I think that might be what it is...
we are taught to be quick in all things in our culture
I find it is a constant reforming to stay out of that tendency as it is so sutler in its assault
~Me (a comment left here)



"When you're waiting, you're not doing nothing.
You're doing the most important something there is. You're allowing your soul to grow up.
If you can't be still and wait, you can't become
what God created you to be."
~a wise monk


"There is more to life
then increasing it's speed"
~Gandhi


The following song
might be considered a love song for another
but consider it a love song for yourself...


will you wait for your soul
my lovelies?
will you allow it to grow up?

Love and Light


4 comments:

  1. That link was stunning. I have been there when a house fell through ( a smaller home- ideal) but its foundation had the same problem. I too have felt the pull to non blogging but at the same time - right now- i feel it is easy to do and keep my life simmering on the sidelines as long as I do not give into pressure to post or read if I dont feel the need. I have told my hubby I want to make it private though and he does not think that is wise right now. He thinks I touch too many people in too many good ways and I should not let pressure or fear rule my decisions. It s a fine line I guess and so different for everyone! This was beautiful. Thanks for the love and light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting... I can wait for a long time. I got no trouble with that. I'm in no rush, and I remind myself of that every morning during my sort of meditation before I head off to work. Yay for what Gandhi said. Yay for what you said. Lets both be still and wait. Lets see what becomes of us. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture of the bird flying over the picnic table reminds me that when we wait, the most incredible things happen. Thanks for your words and pictures...as always, they speak to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, is that your sole blog or you also run others?

    ReplyDelete

Your voice is welcome here, your connection appreciated. Love and Light